Saturday, September 12, 2009

Time to be Captivated

I have some time to let myself be captivated and it feels like such a luxury. I've found quite a lot lately that seems totally enchanting and wonderful. I think it's there when you look for it.

Here are some of my favorite things on the web:

 The Omo People

The video on the Omo people is breathtaking, but the book is even better because you can live with each beautiful photograph for as long as you like. It leaves you changed.

Michael Franti
The video of Micheal Franti is just pure joy. When you're dancing, you simply can't be mad or sad or anything but filled with love. I love to dance. Painting is like dancing; you just can't do it if you aren't totally in the  moment. I guess there are moments that can be movitavted by anger and frustration, but the act itself is a most human one. Putting down marks to say something. Can't wait to get back into the studio!

Andy Goldsworthy 
You can also get his books at your local library if they have a good art section. They are wonderful.

No comments: