Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Did You Think I'd Left?

I'll bet some of you just thought I'd given up on this blog!  I haven't and I won't because I love writing it! I just got a little sidetracked being a CEO, CFO of SE Atelier.  It's been super fun and a great new adventure....But, I also want to paint. So, I made the executive decision to hire some help, something I have never done.
Demo for the open house of SE Atelier

I ran this ad on Craig's list:

I am an artist.  I'm pretty good at that and would like to continue to do that until the end of my days. The reason I am writing you, future employee, is that my business is starting to impinge (read: take over) on my life as an artist.  That's where you come in...I'm opening an art workshop/event space.  I will be teaching there, painting there and expanding the boundaries of my art. The tricky bit is that my art is being taken over by this space -- that's where you come in. If you've got a sense of humor, it helps. 
Here's a partial list of what you might be doing:


maintain and organize computer files

update OS and programs

provide tutoring on using Photoshop; indesign, online classroom program

organize images files

respond to daily emails calling for class information and/or images

update website when needed

do admin. on classes; make class lists, take calls, respond to emails, take registrations and payment

generate constant contact marketing and maintain email lists? (maybe this is for the other person??)

run errands keep the office/studio organized, tidy and stocked with what is needed

put together packets of handouts for students

Schedule:
Looking for someone who can work part time (up to 25 hour maximum to start). The schedule can be pretty flexible, but something like,Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday for about 4 hours each day ending no later than 3pm (18-24 hours per week) would be best.If you are very helpful you can work up to more hours per week.

WE prefer someone who will be with us for a long time, hopefully 12 months or more.

Useful Skills:

(These are not required but can be helpful.) 1. Experience making/editing excel sheets

2. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

3. Basic digital photography

4. Basic photoshop editing

5. Creating Ebay/Amazon product listings



I got a pretty amazing the response from some really very overqualified folks, mainly people looking for part time work so that they can also pursue their own passions. So I'm hoping for a great collaboration! I think I have my person and I'm looking forward to having more time in the studio, thanks to them. I'll also be able to spend more time on my blog, showing you my process and sharing my travels and experiences! I'm headed to Cape Cod on Saturday to teach two back to back workshops for the Pastel Society of Cape Cod. They should be two great workshops!

3 comments:

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

Congratulations Marla on bringing this all together so you can make more beautiful art and help others do the same.

Marla Baggetta said...

Oh, gee Barbara!

It's been quite the journey and I'm loving every delicious moment of it!

Brenda Boylan said...

I can't wait to see what comes from all your hard work! You are a stellar example to creatives all around and hope for some great art to emerge from your students and of course YOU! Hoooray!